- Jose Mourinho Offers Worrying Update After Bailly Suffers ‘Bad’ Injury v Chelsea
- Man Utd Boss Offers Fitness Update On Duo Ahead Of Chelsea Clash
- Chelsea Suffer Huge Injury Blow Ahead Of Man Utd Showdown
- Arsenal Team News: Wenger Confirms Duo Will Miss Ludogorets Clash
- Key Man To Leave? Wenger Casts Doubt Over Future Of £140k-A-Week Arsenal Superstar
- Mourinho To Make 2 Changes In 4-2-3-1: Predicted Man Utd XI To Face Liverpool
Roberto Firmino Beats Man Utd & Tottenham Stars To PFA Player of the Month Award
Liverpool attacker Roberto Firmino has been named as the Professional Footballers Association Player of the Month for January.
Firmino was up against Manchester United skipper Wayne Rooney and Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane for the award after the trio put in some excellent displays last month.
However, the PFA confirmed today that the Liverpool attacker has scooped the prize after netting four goals in as many games for the Merseysiders during January.
Firmino scored a superb double during a 3-3 draw with Arsenal at Anfield before scoring another brace during the Reds’ thrilling 5-4 victory over Norwich City at Carrow Road.
That run made it 6 goals and 5 assists in his last six appearances for the Brazilian international so he’s certainly starting to find his best form following his big-money move from Hoffenheim last summer.
Firmino has been impressing since being deployed as a ‘false 9′ through the middle in recent weeks but it will be interesting to see how Jurgen Klopp lines-up his team now that Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho are fit again.
The duo have recovered from long-term injuries and are expected to play some part in tonight’s FA Cup replay with West Ham at Upton Park.
— PFA (@PFA) February 9, 2016