- Man Utd Determined To Beat Chelsea To Signing Of £50m-Rated International
- Arsenal Open Formal Talks Over £60m Double Swoop
- Arsenal To Make £30m Bid For Liverpool Star This Summer
- Man Utd Star Closes In On Comeback After Offering Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
Roberto Firmino Beats Man Utd & Tottenham Stars To PFA Player of the Month Award
Liverpool attacker Roberto Firmino has been named as the Professional Footballers Association Player of the Month for January.
Firmino was up against Manchester United skipper Wayne Rooney and Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane for the award after the trio put in some excellent displays last month.
However, the PFA confirmed today that the Liverpool attacker has scooped the prize after netting four goals in as many games for the Merseysiders during January.
Firmino scored a superb double during a 3-3 draw with Arsenal at Anfield before scoring another brace during the Reds’ thrilling 5-4 victory over Norwich City at Carrow Road.
That run made it 6 goals and 5 assists in his last six appearances for the Brazilian international so he’s certainly starting to find his best form following his big-money move from Hoffenheim last summer.
Firmino has been impressing since being deployed as a ‘false 9′ through the middle in recent weeks but it will be interesting to see how Jurgen Klopp lines-up his team now that Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho are fit again.
The duo have recovered from long-term injuries and are expected to play some part in tonight’s FA Cup replay with West Ham at Upton Park.
— PFA (@PFA) February 9, 2016