- Liverpool Dealt Injury Blow As Star Taken To Hospital Following Training Incident
- Mahrez To Join Arsenal In £37m Deal After Agreeing Personal Terms
- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
Key Man Ruled Out As Chelsea Confirm 21-Man Squad Ahead Of PSG Clash
Chelsea have been dealt a huge injury blow with John Terry left behind as Guus Hiddink travelled to Paris with a 21-man squad ahead of tomorrow night’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain.
Terry was forced off just before half-time during Chelsea’s 5-1 demolition of Newcastle United on Saturday after suffering a hamstring injury and was immediately considered a major doubt for Tuesday night’s last-16 first leg clash.
The Blues gave Terry every chance to prove his fitness and he trained at Cobham this morning, however, it looks as though the defender failed a fitness test as he’s not travelled to Paris with the rest of the squad this afternoon.
Chelsea describe the injury as ‘minor’ on their website but Terry has been left back in London to receive treatment as he looks to get himself fit ahead of Sunday’s huge FA Cup clash with Manchester City.
However, there was some better news on the injury front with Oscar making the trip to Paris after taking part in full training today despite missing the win over Newcastle with a calf problem.
January signing Matt Miazga also travelled in place of Terry while teenager Jake Clarke-Salter is also in the squad as cover for Kurt Zouma – who’s been ruled out for the rest of the season with knee ligament damage.
Nemanja Matic is suspended for tomorrow’s Champions League clash but the Serbian international has still made the trip to Paris, but Alexandre Pato misses out once again as he works on regaining full fitness following his loan move from Corinthians.
Here is the full 21-man squad that left for Paris this afternoon, as confirmed on Chelseafc.com:
John Mikel Obi