- Arsenal Open Formal Talks Over £60m Double Swoop
- Arsenal To Make £30m Bid For Liverpool Star This Summer
- Man Utd Star Closes In On Comeback After Offering Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out Until 2016
[Video Goals] Chelsea 1-1 Stoke: Traore Stunner Not Enough As Blues Held
Bertrand Traore scored a stunner but it wasn’t enough as Chelsea were held to a 1-1 draw by Stoke City at Stamford Bridge this afternoon.
The Burkina Faso attacker started up front for Chelsea today after striker Diego Costa was ruled out with a minor tendon injury and the 20-year-old didn’t let Guus Hiddink down for showing faith in him.
Just before half-time, Traore worked to find some space after receiving the ball with his back to goal on the edge of the area before firing home a stunning left-footed strike for 1-0 in the 39th minute.
Both sides had plenty of chances in what was a hugely entertaining game and just as it looked like Chelsea had done enough to secure a narrow win, Stoke rescued a point when Mame Bitam Diouf headed home from close range after Thibaut Courtois could only parry a cross in the 86th minute.
The result leaves Chelsea sitting tenth in the Premier League table and ten points adrift of the top four.
Watch the goals here: