Chelsea To Steal March On Liverpool With £24m Midfielder Bid

By on October 17, 2016

With the summer transfer window closed, managers are now planning ahead to try and strengthen their squads this winter so we’ll bring you all the latest gossip from around the globe. Today, Chelsea are linked with Ruben Neves…

Chelsea are hoping to sign Ruben Neves in January and are ready to steal a march on Liverpool by tabling a £24m plus add ons offer for the Porto midfielder, according to a report in the Mirror.

Neves has been with Porto his entire career and progressed through their youth ranks before breaking in to the first team set-up in 2014 where he’s become an important part of Nuno Espirito Santo’s starting eleven having made 38 appearances last season.

The 19-year-old has a bright future ahead of him and after representing his country at every youth level up to Under-23, the midfielder recently broke in to the senior Portuguese squad with two caps to his name so far.

His potential has alerted several top clubs throughout Europe with the Mirror reporting that both Chelsea and Liverpool are keen on luring the defensive midfielder to the Premier League having scouted him extensively.

However, the newspaper says that Chelsea are now ready to steal a march on their rivals and are willing to pay Porto £24m plus add ons to sign Neves in January with the offer also including an unnamed player heading in the opposite direction.

Neves has enjoyed an excellent start to the new season and it appears that form has convinced Chelsea to make their move, although it remains to be seen how Porto will respond if this offer is officially put on the table as the Mirror suggest that the Portuguese giants rate Neves at nearer £35m.

antonio conte chelsea

Antonio Conte has recently changed to a 3-4-3 formation with two defensive midfielders being deployed in front of the back three and with John Obi Mikel out-of-favour, it looks like the Italian tactician has identified Neves as a potential replacement.

READ MORE –> Chelsea transfer news | Liverpool transfer news

We’ll have to wait and see how things progress over the coming weeks but the report says that Chelsea want a deal in place by the first week of November or they may decide to move on to other targets.

Best of the web

2 Comments

  1. stephen

    October 24, 2016 at 10:16 am

    EPL title is our aspiration.

  2. stephen

    October 24, 2016 at 10:22 am

    Conte’s formation is working, therefore your decision to strengthen the back is realistic.Considering fatigue and injuries. Keep it up Blues’
    Army.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *