- Agent Confirms Unhappy Attacker ‘Wants To Leave’ Arsenal This Summer
- Mourinho To Launch £30m Raid On Arsenal If Man Utd Boss Fails To Land Chelsea Star
- Tottenham Eyeing Audacious Swoop On Man Utd For £36m Attacker
- Player Confirms Interest As Man Utd Eye Audacious Swoop For £40m Chelsea Star
- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool Over Signing Of £15m International
- Liverpool Ready To Table Audacious £40m Bid For World Class Hitman
Man Utd Suffer Fresh Injury Blow During Win Over Man City
Manchester United have been dealt a fresh injury concern after Marcus Rashford limped out of last night’s 1-0 victory over Manchester City with a thigh injury.
Rashford once again started for the Red Devils as Jose Mourinho named virtually a full strength side for their EFL Cup clash with rivals City at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.
Mourinho’s decision paid off as Juan Mata scored the only goal of the game shortly after half-time to secure a much-needed 1-0 win over Pep Guardiola’s side and book a date with West Ham in the quarter finals of the League Cup.
However, the win came at a cost as Rashford went down in the 82nd minute clutching his left leg and limped down the tunnel after being replaced by Jesse Lingard for the final ten minutes last night.
The 18-year-old appears to have picked up a thigh injury and while the problem will be further assessed at United’s Carrington training base today, Mourinho will be sweating over the results as another injury to a key player is the last thing he needs.
Rashford has become a first team regular at Old Trafford since making his breakthrough under Louis van Gaal last season so it would be a huge blow if he was ruled out for any period of time.
It would only add to Mourinho’s problems after Eric Bailly was ruled out for two months with a knee injury that he picked up at Chelsea last weekend while Wayne Rooney and Chris Smalling also missed the win over City through injury.