- Mourinho Ready To Launch Audacious Swoop For £27m Chelsea Star
- Arsenal Star Ruled Out Of Crucial Games Against Liverpool & Bayern Munich
- Arsenal Rocked By Devastating Injury Blow To Key Man
- Agent Confirms Unhappy Attacker ‘Wants To Leave’ Arsenal This Summer
- Mourinho To Launch £30m Raid On Arsenal If Man Utd Boss Fails To Land Chelsea Star
- Tottenham Eyeing Audacious Swoop On Man Utd For £36m Attacker
[Video Goals] Man City 2-1 Arsenal: Sterling Nets Winner As Gunners Crash
Raheem Sterling scored the winner as Manchester City came from a goal down to beat Arsenal 2-1 at the Etihad Stadium this afternoon.
It was the Gunners who struck first as Arsene Wenger’s side opened the scoring thanks to a superb counter-attack with Theo Walcott slotting home after being teed-up by Alexis Sanchez following some great work from Hector Bellerin.
However, City levelled things up shortly after half-time when David Silva played in Leroy Sane with a clip over the top and the German international made no mistake to make it 1-1 in the 47th minute – although replays showed there was a hint of offside.
City then took the lead thanks to some poor defending from Nacho Monreal as Raheem Sterling cut inside before firing past Petr Cech in to the near post for 2-1 in the 71st minute.
The Gunners couldn’t find a way back in to the game so they crashed to their second 2-1 defeat in a week to leave them sitting fourth in the table and nine points adrift of Chelsea while City go second and to within six points of the leaders.
Watch the goals here: