- Man Utd ‘Optimistic’ Over £40m Swoop For Tottenham Star
- Chelsea vs Tottenham: Preview, Team News, Line-Ups, Betting Tips & Prediction
- Klopp Forced In to Change As Key Man Ruled Out: Predicted Liverpool XI vs Palace
- Europa League Semi-Final Draw: Man Utd Handed Tricky Test
- Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Table £42m Bid | Klopp Speaks Out On Hart Swoop
- Man Utd Boss Offers Injury Update On Ibrahimovic, Rojo, Jones & Smalling
[Photos] Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost As Key Man Returns To Training
Manchester United have been handed a huge injury boost after Eric Bailly was snapped back in full training as Jose Mourinho prepares his squad for their clash with Sunderland.
Bailly missed last Saturday’s 2-0 win over West Bromwich Albion after picking up a knee injury during the 2-1 victory at Crystal Palace four days earlier.
It sparked fears the Ivory Coast international could be set for another spell on the sidelines after only recently returning from a two month absence with another knee problem.
However, Mourinho was confident the injury wasn’t serious and it appears that confidence was well-placed as Bailly has been photographed back in full training with the rest of the first team squad today.
Bailly’s return will come as a major boost as the 22-year-old has proven to be a superb signing for United since joining the club from Valencia in the summer.
We’ll have to wait and see whether the defender is passed fit to face Sunderland on Boxing Day but if he does end up missing that game, then he should be back in contention to take on Middlesbrough on New Year’s Eve.
United head in to the festive period off the back of an eight-game unbeaten run in the Premier League with last weekend’s win at the Hawthorns making three in a row following previous victories over Tottenham and Palace.
Mourinho’s side now sit just four points off the top four so they’ll be desperate to keep the pressure on Arsenal with another win when 18th-placed Sunderland come to Old Trafford on Boxing Day.
Here are some photos of Bailly and the rest of the United team in training today courtesy of Man Utd’s Getty Images account: