- Man Utd Eye £40m Raid On Tottenham As Mourinho Plots Big Money Double Swoop
- Liverpool Confident Of Signing £65m Chelsea & Man Utd Target After Talks With Agent
- Man Utd ‘On Verge’ Of Wrapping Up £86m Deal For World Class Hitman
- Liverpool & Man Utd Ready To Battle Over Signing Of Want-Away Arsenal Star
- Chelsea ‘Determined’ To Sign Arsenal Star This Summer
- ‘Spoilt Child’ Sanchez Demands To Leave Arsenal Following Wenger Bust-Ups
[Tweets & Photos] Liverpool Duo React On Twitter After Disappointing FA Cup Draw
Loris Karius and Joe Gomez have been reacting on Twitter after Liverpool were held to a hugely frustrating 0-0 draw by Plymouth Argyle in the third round of the FA Cup at Anfield this afternoon.
Jurgen Klopp made wholesale changes to his starting eleven to name Liverpool’s youngest ever side and the Reds dominated throughout with the Merseysiders enjoying almost 80% possession and had a whopping 28 shots at goal compared to the visitors 4.
However, the League Two side held out for a 0-0 draw thanks to some resolute defending as well as poor finishing from Klopp’s side to secure a replay at Home Park later this month.
Karius was recalled in goal and the German youngster has taken to Twitter to admit that it wasn’t the result they were looking for but said it was great to see so many youngsters on the pitch.
Gomez made his first start in over a year after finally recovering from a serious knee injury that he suffered last season and while the defender also admitted a draw wasn’t the result he was hoping for, he was glad to be back playing again and thanked the fans for their support.
See what the pair had to say on Twitter here:
— Joe Gomez (@J_Gomez97) January 8, 2017
— Loris Karius (@LorisKarius) January 8, 2017