- Liverpool & Man Utd Ready To Battle Over Signing Of Want-Away Arsenal Star
- Chelsea ‘Determined’ To Sign Arsenal Star This Summer
- ‘Spoilt Child’ Sanchez Demands To Leave Arsenal Following Wenger Bust-Ups
- Man Utd Plotting Audacious £80m Swoop On Tottenham
- Arsenal Blow: Mesut Ozil A Doubt To Face Liverpool After Missing Training
- Mourinho Ready To Launch Audacious Swoop For £27m Chelsea Star
[Video Highlights] Southampton 1-0 Liverpool: Redmond Puts Saints In Control
Southampton haven taken control of their EFL Cup semi-final after beating Liverpool 1-0 in the first leg at St Mary’s this evening.
Reds boss Jurgen Klopp recalled his big-guns to the starting eleven after resting a number of key men for the FA Cup draw with Plymouth last weekend and the visitors almost went ahead when Roberto Firmino forced a smart save from Fraser Forster.
However, Liverpool fell behind in the 20th minute as Nathan Redmond got in behind the Reds defence to slot home past Loris Karius for 1-0.
The German keeper did well to keep it at 1-0 with a fine stop just before half time and Southampton had a great chance to double their lead mid-way through the second half when Cedric fired wide when well placed.
Liverpool couldn’t find a way back in to the game so they will need to turn things around at Anfield as Southampton will take a 1-0 lead in to the second leg later this month.
Watch highlights from the game here: