- Arsenal Star Ruled Out Of Crucial Games Against Liverpool & Bayern Munich
- Arsenal Rocked By Devastating Injury Blow To Key Man
- Agent Confirms Unhappy Attacker ‘Wants To Leave’ Arsenal This Summer
- Mourinho To Launch £30m Raid On Arsenal If Man Utd Boss Fails To Land Chelsea Star
- Tottenham Eyeing Audacious Swoop On Man Utd For £36m Attacker
- Player Confirms Interest As Man Utd Eye Audacious Swoop For £40m Chelsea Star
Confirmed: Liverpool Star Flies Back From Mid-Season Camp After Missing Training
Liverpool have confirmed on Liverpoolfc.com that Daniel Sturridge has flown back to the UK from their mid-season training camp in Spain due to a virus.
Sturridge was included in the squad that flew-out to La Manga earlier this week to take part in Liverpool’s warm weather training camp despite feeling under the weather.
The England international failed to take part in the double session training drills yesterday due to his illness and as his condition hasn’t improved, the club have confirmed that Sturridge will fly back to Merseyside today.
The 26-year-old will be allowed to rest at home before resuming training at Melwood as soon as he’s well enough, while the rest of the Liverpool squad are due to return from Spain on Sunday.
I’m sure Sturridge will be disappointed to have missed the training camp as he’ll have seen it as an opportunity to work hard and get himself back in to Jurgen Klopp’s first team plans.
Sturridge has fallen out-of-favour in recent months with the striker starting just one of Liverpool’s last 17 Premier League games, while he’s managed just 9 starts in all competitions so far this season.
Niggling injuries have once again hampered his progress but he’s currently injury free so this virus has come at a bad time as Sturridge looks to try and salvage his Anfield career.
Liverpool’s next game isn’t until the 27th when they take on Leicester so Sturridge still has plenty of time to recover and get himself in contention, but the chances are he’ll once again be named on the bench at the King Power later this month.