- Man Utd ‘On Verge’ Of Wrapping Up £86m Deal For World Class Hitman
- Liverpool & Man Utd Ready To Battle Over Signing Of Want-Away Arsenal Star
- Chelsea ‘Determined’ To Sign Arsenal Star This Summer
- ‘Spoilt Child’ Sanchez Demands To Leave Arsenal Following Wenger Bust-Ups
- Man Utd Plotting Audacious £80m Swoop On Tottenham
- Arsenal Blow: Mesut Ozil A Doubt To Face Liverpool After Missing Training
Arsenal Blow: Mesut Ozil A Doubt To Face Liverpool After Missing Training
Arsenal have suffered a major injury concern ahead of this weekend’s clash with Liverpool after Mesut Ozil was forced to miss training today due to illness, according to Goal.
The German international joined his Arsenal team mates in taking part in a team bonding session at Bloomsbury Bowling last night as they prepare for a crucial trip to Anfield.
However, Goal claim that Ozil is now a doubt for Saturday’s huge Premier League game after turning up to London Colney this morning with flu-like symptoms.
The Gunners playmaker didn’t take part in training with the rest of the squad and was instead sent home by club doctors with the strict instruction of resting up.
Goal suggest that Ozil remains hopeful that he’ll recover in time to make the trip to Merseyside on Saturday evening but it remains to be seen whether he’ll be passed fit.
The news will come as a major concern to Arsene Wenger as he prepares his team for what is going to be a pivotal clash in the race for Champions League qualification.
Arsenal currently sit just one place and one point above Liverpool in fourth position in the Premier League table but with just five points separating second from sixth, the race for the top four is going down to the wire this season.
Wenger will therefore be praying Ozil is passed fit to take on Liverpool as he’ll already be without Santi Cazorla and Mohamed Elneny while Aaron Ramsey has only just returned to full training following a calf injury.