- Man Utd ‘Optimistic’ Over £40m Swoop For Tottenham Star
- Chelsea vs Tottenham: Preview, Team News, Line-Ups, Betting Tips & Prediction
- Klopp Forced In to Change As Key Man Ruled Out: Predicted Liverpool XI vs Palace
- Europa League Semi-Final Draw: Man Utd Handed Tricky Test
- Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Table £42m Bid | Klopp Speaks Out On Hart Swoop
- Man Utd Boss Offers Injury Update On Ibrahimovic, Rojo, Jones & Smalling
[Video Goals] West Brom 3-1 Arsenal: Pitiful Gunners Slump To Baggies
Arsenal’s hopes of finishing in the top four were dealt a huge blow after slumping to a 3-1 defeat to West Brom at the Hawthorns this afternoon.
The hosts broke the deadlock early on and predictably it came from a set piece as Michael Dawson headed home from a corner in the 12th minute for 1-0.
We responded well and managed to level things up within just three minutes as Granit Xhaka found Alexis Sanchez free in the box and the attacker cut inside before firing home off the underside of the bar for 1-1.
West Brom retook the lead shortly after half time and it was thanks to calamitous goalkeeping as David Ospina – on for the injured Petr Cech – failed to collect a low cross and the ball fell straight to Robson-Kanu to poke home for 2-1.
Any chance of a comeback was ended when yet more shocking defending from another set piece allowed Dawson to power home his second of the game to make it 3-1 in the 75th minute.
The defeat leaves us five points off fourth place with just one game in hand ahead of Liverpool’s trip to Manchester City tomorrow.
Watch the goals here: