- Liverpool Confident Of Signing £65m Chelsea & Man Utd Target After Talks With Agent
- Man Utd ‘On Verge’ Of Wrapping Up £86m Deal For World Class Hitman
- Liverpool & Man Utd Ready To Battle Over Signing Of Want-Away Arsenal Star
- Chelsea ‘Determined’ To Sign Arsenal Star This Summer
- ‘Spoilt Child’ Sanchez Demands To Leave Arsenal Following Wenger Bust-Ups
- Man Utd Plotting Audacious £80m Swoop On Tottenham
[Video Goals] West Brom 3-1 Arsenal: Pitiful Gunners Slump To Baggies
Arsenal’s hopes of finishing in the top four were dealt a huge blow after slumping to a 3-1 defeat to West Brom at the Hawthorns this afternoon.
The hosts broke the deadlock early on and predictably it came from a set piece as Michael Dawson headed home from a corner in the 12th minute for 1-0.
We responded well and managed to level things up within just three minutes as Granit Xhaka found Alexis Sanchez free in the box and the attacker cut inside before firing home off the underside of the bar for 1-1.
West Brom retook the lead shortly after half time and it was thanks to calamitous goalkeeping as David Ospina – on for the injured Petr Cech – failed to collect a low cross and the ball fell straight to Robson-Kanu to poke home for 2-1.
Any chance of a comeback was ended when yet more shocking defending from another set piece allowed Dawson to power home his second of the game to make it 3-1 in the 75th minute.
The defeat leaves us five points off fourth place with just one game in hand ahead of Liverpool’s trip to Manchester City tomorrow.
Watch the goals here: