- Arsenal Suffer Major Fresh Injury Blow Ahead Of Tottenham Trip
- Man Utd To Table £35m Bid For Chelsea Star & Lure Him With £200k-A-Week Contract
- Man Utd Boss Confirms Triple Injury Blow Ahead Of Man City But Duo Passed Fit
- Tottenham Team News: Poch Confirms Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Palace Clash
- Arsenal Team News: Wenger Confirms Injury Boost But Trio To Miss Leicester Clash
- Liverpool Suffer Fresh Injury Blow – Attacker’s Season Could Be Over
[Video Goals] Stoke 1-2 Chelsea: Cahill Nets Winner As Blues Go 13 Points Clear
Chelsea moved another step closer to reclaiming the Premier League title after beating Stoke City 2-1 at the Britannia Stadium this afternoon.
The Blues began well and opened the scoring early in the first half as Willian curled home a free-kick from a tight angle in the 13th minute – although Stoke keeper Grant should certainly have done more to keep it out.
Stoke responded and got the perfect opportunity to level things up when they awarded a penalty after Gary Cahill foolishly shoved Jon Walters in the back inside the area.
The Potters attacker dusted himself off and made no mistake from the spot to hammer the ball high in to the net for 1-1 in the 38th minute.
Both sides had chances in the second half but Cahill eventually made up for his earlier error as he was on hand to score from close range in the 88th minute to secure a huge three points for Chelsea.
The win sees the west Londoners extend their lead at the top of the Premier League table to a whopping 13 points ahead of Tottenham and Manchester City’s games on Sunday.
Watch the goals here: