- Man Utd ‘On Verge’ Of Wrapping Up £86m Deal For World Class Hitman
- Liverpool & Man Utd Ready To Battle Over Signing Of Want-Away Arsenal Star
- Chelsea ‘Determined’ To Sign Arsenal Star This Summer
- ‘Spoilt Child’ Sanchez Demands To Leave Arsenal Following Wenger Bust-Ups
- Man Utd Plotting Audacious £80m Swoop On Tottenham
- Arsenal Blow: Mesut Ozil A Doubt To Face Liverpool After Missing Training
[Video Goals] Man City 1-1 Liverpool: Aguero On Target In Entertaining Draw
Sergio Aguero scored to ensure the spoils were shared as Manchester City drew 1-1 with Liverpool in an entertaining clash at the Etihad Stadium this afternoon.
The first half saw plenty of chances but no goals as the two sides went in goalless at the break but Liverpool were gifted the perfect chance to break the deadlock shortly after the restart.
Gael Clichy was adjudged to have fouled Roberto Firmino inside the area and James Milner made no mistake from the resulting spot kick to make it 0-1 in the 51st minute.
However, City responded well and scored the equaliser midway through the second half as Aguero swept home from close range from a Kevin De Bruyne cross to make it 1-1 with 20 minutes left.
Both sides had chances to snatch all three points with Aguero and Adam Lallana missing the best opportunities but it ended all squad to leave City third in the table with Liverpool one point behind in fourth.
Watch the goals here: