- Arsenal Suffer Major Fresh Injury Blow Ahead Of Tottenham Trip
- Man Utd To Table £35m Bid For Chelsea Star & Lure Him With £200k-A-Week Contract
- Man Utd Boss Confirms Triple Injury Blow Ahead Of Man City But Duo Passed Fit
- Tottenham Team News: Poch Confirms Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Palace Clash
- Arsenal Team News: Wenger Confirms Injury Boost But Trio To Miss Leicester Clash
- Liverpool Suffer Fresh Injury Blow – Attacker’s Season Could Be Over
Arsenal Injury News: Update On Mesut Ozil
Mesut Ozil is still expected to link up with the German national team despite missing Arsenal’s defeat at West Brom with an apparent hamstring injury, according to the Mirror.
Ozil was in-line to return to the starting eleven on Saturday afternoon but failed to travel to the Hawthorns with the club claiming on Twitter that he was suffering from a hamstring problem.
The German international took part training on Friday and there were photos from the session published online showing the playmaker looking in good health, so it came as a surprise when he wasn’t included against West Brom.
The Mirror claim that the Arsenal players were left in the dark as to whether Ozil would feature at the Hawthorns following the final session on Friday, when they practiced their team shape ahead of the game.
However, the newspaper says that Arsenal insist Ozil did not complete Friday’s session and needed treatment on his hamstring injury over the weekend.
So it looks like Ozil must have picked up a knock during the closing stages of training and was subsequently ruled out of the trip to West Brom the following day.
However, it can’t have been a very serious issue as the Mirror say that the attacker is still expected to report for international duty with the Germany squad ahead of Wednesday’s friendly against England.
The situation casts further doubt around Ozil as the 28-year-old hasn’t started any of Arsenal’s last five games in all competitions with his last start coming during our 5-1 defeat to Bayern Munich in Munich over a month ago.
He was left out of the squads to face Sutton United and Liverpool due to an apparent illness before making substitute appearances against Lincoln City and Bayern.