- Tottenham Team News: Poch Confirms Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Palace Clash
- Arsenal Team News: Wenger Confirms Injury Boost But Trio To Miss Leicester Clash
- Liverpool Suffer Fresh Injury Blow – Attacker’s Season Could Be Over
- Man Utd ‘Optimistic’ Over £40m Swoop For Tottenham Star
- Chelsea vs Tottenham: Preview, Team News, Line-Ups, Betting Tips & Prediction
- Klopp Forced In to Change As Key Man Ruled Out: Predicted Liverpool XI vs Palace
Chelsea Team News: Conte Confirms Injury Doubt Ahead Of Man City Clash
Chelsea will look to bounce back from their defeat to Crystal Palace when they entertain Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night.
Ahead of the game, Antonio Conte has been speaking to the media at his pre-match press conference this afternoon and he’s given reporters a team news and injury update.
The Blues boss confirmed that Victor Moses remains a major doubt as the midfielder continues to over coming a toe injury that’s hampered him in recent weeks.
Moses was forced to miss Saturday’s shock defeat at home to Crystal Palace and will now be handed a late fitness test to see whether he’ll be able to make his return to action against City tomorrow night.
Conte also revealed that he needs to check on a ‘couple of situations’ before he’ll be able to finalise his starting eleven to face Pep Guardiola’s men at Stamford Bridge.
The Italian told Chelseafc.com:
‘I don’t know if Victor will be able to play tomorrow. We have another day to check the situation in the right way. We have a couple of situations to check and then make the best decision for the starting 11 tomorrow.’
If Moses is once again ruled out tomorrow, Pedro is expected to continue to deputise in the right wing-back role after filling in against Palace at the weekend.
Otherwise, Chelsea have no fresh injury concerns to deal with so Conte has virtually a fully-fit squad to choose from as he looks to tighten their grip at the top of the table.
Chelsea saw their lead cut to seven points at the weekend and City could blow the title race wide open if they leave West London with all three points so it’s still all to play for at the top.