Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Table £42m Bid | Klopp Speaks Out On Hart Swoop

By on April 21, 2017

Managers are now making plans for the summer transfer window so we’ll bring you all the latest news and gossip from around the globe. Today, Liverpool are linked with Marco Asensio and Joe Hart…

Liverpool have tabled a £42m bid for Real Madrid attacker Marco Asensio while Jurgen Klopp has dismissed the idea he’s interested in signing Joe Hart, according to a report in the Independent.

Asensio has become one of the hottest properties in Europe after breaking in to the Madrid first team this season having joined the clubs youth ranks following his £3.5m move from Mallorca in 2014.

The 21-year-old was excellent during the first half of the campaign and while he has seen his first team chances limited in more recent months, the youngster scored a superb goal during Madrid’s Champions League win over Bayern Munich this week.

Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for Asensio and the Independent are citing reports from various outlets in Spain that claim the Reds have now formalised their interest with a £42m bid.

Klopp is expected to further strengthen his squad this summer as he looks to turn Liverpool into genuine title challengers and Asensio is the type of quality the Merseysiders are going to need if they end up qualifying for the Champions League.

However, it seems they have their work cut out if they want to sign the Spanish international as the newspaper report says Madrid have already rejected their offer with Florentino Perez determined to keep hold of the player.

joe hart

Klopp is also being tipped by many media outlets to bring in a new goalkeeper this summer with Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius struggling to find consistent form this season.

Reports earlier this week suggested that Liverpool were closing-in on a £20m deal to sign Joe Hart from Manchester City with the England No.1 expected to seal a permanent switch this summer having spent the season on-loan at Torino.

However, when quizzed about the reports at his press conference yesterday, Klopp dismissed the idea that he’s interested in Hart as he says he already has plenty of quality between the sticks.

Klopp is quoted as saying by the Independent:

“Extra competition? We always think about the squad and the goalkeeper, but even when you don’t say the name, is it about Joe Hart?

“We don’t talk about things like this, but in this case we can. He is a fantastic goalkeeper, the keeper of the English national team, but we have highest quality goalkeepers, so it is not for us and hopefully not in the future.

“Not because of Joe, but we have already two strong goalkeepers. The situation around the goalkeeper is good.”

Karius is a talented young keeper and Mignolet has found some good form in recent weeks but I’m sure there are still some Liverpool fans who’d like to see the club bring in a new No.1 this summer.

READ MORE –> Liverpool transfer news

Hart seems like an obvious choice given his quality and availability this summer but it looks like Klopp is determined to stick with the goalkeepers he already has available.

Best of the web

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *