Liverpool To Submit Mega Bids As Klopp Plots Double Swoop For £135m Duo

By on July 22, 2017

Managers are now pressing ahead with their plans for the summer transfer window so we’ll bring you all the latest news and gossip from around the globe. Today, Liverpool are ready to table two huge bids….

It looks like Liverpool are ready to table two huge bids for Virgil van Dijk and Naby Keita as Jurgen Klopp steps-up his pursuit of his two prime summer targets, according to reports today.

Klopp has already snapped-up striker Dominic Solanke, defender Andy Robertson and winger Mohamed Salah but the Reds boss has also been in the hunt for a dominant centre-back with van Dijk widely reported to be his top target.

The Dutch international has developed in to arguably the best central defender in the Premier League during his two years at Southampton and he looked set for a move to Anfield after setting his heart on a switch to Liverpool earlier in the summer.

Any potential deal looked dead in the water after the Merseysiders were forced to issue a public apology after the Saints reported them to the FA for allegedly tapping-up van Dijk and they vowed to end their interest in the defender.

However, Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino revealed last night that the 26-year-old has been banned from their pre-season tour and ordered to train alone after telling the club he wanted to leave.

The Express cite a report from the Liverpool Echo that claims Liverpool have been monitoring the situation closely and are now set to table a huge bid for the unsettled centre-back.

It will be interesting to see what kind of offer Liverpool go in with but the Mirror claim van Dijk was set for a £60m move before Southampton reported the Reds to the FA so we should probably expect a similar amount to be tabled this time around.

In what would be a sensational double swoop, the Independent are reporting that Liverpool are also set to submit a third and final £75m offer for RB Leipzig midfielder Keita.

The Reds have been chasing the 22-year-old all summer but Leipzig have stood firm and insist they won’t cash-in at any price after rejecting Liverpool’s previous two offers.

However, the newspaper says that Keita has a clause in his contract that will let him leave for just £48m next summer so the chance to sell for substantially more this year is sure to tempt the German outfit.

The Independent says Liverpool’s final offer will be £75m with £40m paid up front and Keita is desperate to secure a move to Anfield so it seems like only a matter of time before a deal is agreed.

READ MORE –> Liverpool transfer news

Keita was one of the best all-round midfielders in the Bundesliga last season after scoring 8 goals and providing 8 assists so he’d be a superb addition to the squad if Liverpool could secure his signature.

It looks as though it’s going to be a busy few days at Anfield as Liverpool could potentially spent at least £135m on their two key transfer targets and I think it would be money well spent as van Dijk and Keita would be sensational signings.


  1. Will Tanner

    July 22, 2017 at 9:12 pm

    Who’s valuation is 60 million, certainly not Southampton FC, Could that be the Germanic arogance of Herr Klopp hoping to get him on the cheap

    • Jamie b

      July 22, 2017 at 9:32 pm

      Sure Southampton want 70 mill aswell

  2. jay

    July 22, 2017 at 9:56 pm

    Van dijk=40m offer if they refused then Keep Sakho

  3. Sam

    July 23, 2017 at 6:29 am

    70 million for a defender it’s a joke why not pay 70 million on a striker and get rid of crap they already got

  4. Sir Adonay

    July 23, 2017 at 8:36 am

    When you have a very good attacking force and your defence keeps letting you down, you have to get the ultimate solution – VVD. Forget about the cost. Let the end justify the means.

    • Muhammed

      July 23, 2017 at 9:48 am

      what you said is obvious. but we don’t have a good striker either

    • Erik

      July 23, 2017 at 12:50 pm

      No, you buy a holding midfielder which we got none of to shore up the defence. Leicester and Chelsea would not have won the league without N’golo Kante as Def mid. If VVD is worth 60-70m then we can expect £350m for Coutinho.

  5. Muhammed

    July 23, 2017 at 9:46 am

    what I suggest klopp to do is to make sure that he strengths our defender and sign one good finishing striker.


    July 24, 2017 at 10:50 am

    I don’t no Liverpool are in the position of destroying their squat, because If COUTINHO solved to any club then liverpool will not give any result in the premier even in the champion league, and for the VVD and Keita is their good players and it is liverpool problem at this moment failure to solves this position crisis?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *