Chelsea To Submit £25m Bid As Conte Starts Work On Three New Signings

By on August 13, 2017

Managers are now pressing ahead with their plans for the final weeks of the summer transfer window so we’ll bring you all the latest news and gossip from around the globe. Today, Chelsea are to table an improved bid for Danny Drinkwater…

Chelsea are ready to table an improved £25m bid for Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater as Antonio Conte looks to bring in three more players before the end of the month, according to the Telegraph.

Conte has already signed four players this summer with goalkeeper Willy Caballero, centre-back Antonio Rudiger, midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko and striker Alvaro Morata all arriving in recent weeks.

However, the Italian coach has made it perfectly clear the club needs to make further additions if they are going to be competitive in all competitions this season as their bench was filled with youngsters during Saturday’s shock defeat to Burnley.

A new central midfielder to replace Nemanja Matic following his £40m move to Manchester United is a priority and Drinkwater has emerged as a prime target in recent weeks.

The Telegraph claim Chelsea are now set to go back in with an improved £25m bid over the coming days after seeing their opening £15m offer rejected by Leicester last week.

Drinkwater missed the Foxes’ opening defeat to Arsenal on Friday night with a minor injury but the newspaper says he’s keen on making a move to Stamford Bridge if a deal can be agreed between the two clubs.

However, it looks like Chelsea may need to dig a little deeper if they want to strike a deal as the Telegraph claim Leicester are demanding closer to £40m for the 27-year-old’s signature.

Conte is also hoping to strengthen other areas of his squad with the report indicating that Chelsea are hoping to sign three more players before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

antonio conte chelsea

The newspaper says Everton midfielder Ross Barkley and Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remain targets while they are also eyeing a bid for Virgil van Dijk if Southampton indicate they are willing to cash-in on the centre-back.

Conte needs to add to his options in the wing-back roles and the Telegraph claim that Joao Cancelo, Serge Aurier and Alex Sandro are all targets while the Blues are prepared to swoop for Danny Rose if Tottenham are ready to sell following his controversial interview last week.

READ MORE –> Chelsea transfer news

So it looks like it’s gearing up to be a busy few weeks at Stamford Bridge as Conte looks to build a squad capable of competing on all fronts this season but the Blues will certainly be a force to be reckoned with if they successfully sign three new players before the end of the month.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *