Swansea – Big Guns Not Enquired About Michel Vorm

By on January 17, 2012

Michel Vorm

Swansea have denied reports claiming Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle have enquired about goalkeeper Michel Vorm.

Swansea paid FC Utrecht little over £1.5m for the 28-year-old last summer, which has proved to be something of a bargain for the Welsh high-flyers.

Vorm has been one of the surprise packages of the season so far, excelling in goal for an impressive Swansea side who have only lost once at home this season.

The Dutch international has produced a number of eye-catching performances for the Swans resulting in nine clean sheets already this term, with that record second only to Joe Hart who has managed ten shut-outs for Man City.

Swansea co-owner and director John van Zweden was quoted this morning as saying Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle and Tottenham have made enquiries for the stopper:

“Clubs have enquired about Vorm,” he told VI Radio.

“Manchester United have asked, in addition Chelsea and for that matter Newcastle United.Tottenham Hotspur have cautiously announced they are interested.

“It would be a nightmare for us if he left.”

However, Swansea have now denied those claims with Sky Sports News reporting that a spokesman has said:

“We have not received any enquiries about Michel Vorm.”

Best of the web

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *