- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Man Utd Injury & Team News Update: Ferdinand, Anderson, Rafael & More…
The Scot confirmed to ManUtd.com that Rio Ferdinand will start against the Spaniards, but Chris Smalling is only likely to be fit enough to make the bench, while Phil Jones hasn’t travelled due to a flu bug.
Fergie also suggested Rafael Da Silva will start at right back and Jonny Evans will start alongside Ferdinand at the heart of United’s defence.
However, their was some bad news on the fitness of midfielder Anderson, who has been ruled out for between four and five weeks with a hamstring injury. Here is what Ferguson told Manutd.com about the Anderson blow:
“Jones went down with ‘flu yesterday,” said Sir Alex. “Ando could be out for four or five weeks due to his hamstring. Some hamstrings are relatively straightforward but we have to wait and see how he is in the next week or so to get a better idea of where we stand with him [in terms of recovery].”
Anderson really can’t catch a break can he? He’s only recently returned from injury and struggled to force his way into Fergie’s first team plans, and now he’s picked up another problem that will keep him on the sidelines for over a month.
Hopefully he’ll come back stronger as he clearly has the talent to succeed at Old Trafford, but just hasn’t been able to get his United career going.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.