- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
RDM Confirms Double Injury Boost As Cahill & Luiz Return
The defensive pair have been on the sidelines in recent weeks nursing hamstring injuries and it had been feared that both would be forced to miss this weekend’s showdown with Bayern Munich at the Alianz Arena.
However, manager Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed this morning that Luiz and Cahill will join their team mates for training on Tuesday afternoon, and their fitness will be assessed ahead of the game. Speaking to Sky Sports News, Di Matteo said:
“Gary and David are going to train with us today,” said Di Matteo.
The Blues are down to the bare bones in central defence with Branislav Ivanovic and captain John Terry both suspended for the final, so the return of Luiz and Cahill will be a major boost.
There was less positive news on the fitness of midfielder Florent Malouda, who picked up a hamstring injury at the weekend, and Di Matteo thinks it will be ‘touch and go’ for the Frenchman to be available on Saturday:
“Flo, we’ll still assess and it’s going to be touch and go for him to be available for Saturday.”