- Man City vs Arsenal: Statistical Preview, Form Guide, Injury News & Head-To-Head
- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
Big Guns In Four-Way Battle For £50m Modric
The report claims that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has failed to persuade Modric to sign a new deal at White Hart Lane and it’s now looking increasingly likely that the Croatian midfielder could leave the club this summer.
Modric is believed to have decided to wait until the end of the European Championships before making a final decision on his future, but Tottenham’s failure to secure Champions League football has given the player the perfect excuse to push for a move again.
It’s thought that if Spurs are forced to cash in, they would prefer to sell abroad meaning Real Madrid are in pole position for his signature. However, the Mail claim Tottenham’s £50m valuation is likely to be a major stumbling block.
Chelsea failed with a £40m bid on deadline day last summer and it’s expected the newly crowned European Champions will make their interest official this summer, but this time they will have major competition in both Manchester clubs as well as the new Spanish champions Madrid.
Where do you think Modric will be playing next season? Get involved in the comments section.