- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Arsenal Confirm Seven Players Will Be Released This Summer
Manuel Almunia and Gavin Hoyte are among seven players who will be released by Arsenal next month.
The club announced on Arsenal.com this evening that former first team players Manuel Almunia and Gavin Hoyte will join reserve team regulars Sean McDermott, Rhys Murphy and George Brislen-Hall as those on professional contracts who will be released on the 30th June.
Scholars James Campbell and Jeffrey Monakana will also be released on July 1st and are free to find new clubs.
Almunia is of course the most notable name to be released having previously been regarded as Arsenal’s No.1. The Spaniard made a total of 175 first team appearances since joining the club in 2004 and kept a surprising, and impressive, 70 clean sheets!
He fell out of favour towards the end of the 2010/11 season and failed to even make Arsenal’s 25-man squad this term, so it comes as no surprise to see him part ways with the club.
For all his faults, Manuel always tried his best but he just wasn’t good enough to make it at Arsenal. I wish him well and won’t be shocked if he impresses at a lower profile club in the future.