- [Video] Watch As Key Trio Hand Arsenal Huge Boost By Signing New Contracts
- Man Utd Boss Offers Injury Update On Key Duo Ahead Of Liverpool Clash
- Huge Liverpool Boost As Klopp Confirms Key Man Will Return For Man Utd Trip
- Man City Team News: Duo To Miss Liverpool Game But Guardiola Confirms Injury Boost
- Man Utd Team News: Mourinho Confirms Huge Triple Injury Boost
- [Photos] Oscar Poses In Shanghai Shirt After Completing £60m Move From Chelsea
Prem Trio Set To Do Battle Over £8m Marvin Martin
With the summer transfer window now open, we’ll keep you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news. Today sees a French midfielder linked with a move to the Premier League.
Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are set to battle it out for unsettled Sochaux midfielder Marvin Martin, according to a report by the Metro.
Martin is currently away on international duty with France preparing for this summers European championships, but has made it clear he is ready to leave Ligue 1 this summer. The 24-year-old has informed his current employers that he wants a new challenge after Sochaux finished in a disappointing 14th place last season, but he won’t be making a decision on his future until after the Euro’s.
Quoted in the Metro, Martin said:
‘I’m ready to go and play overseas, but I have not made a decision about my future,’ Martin said.
‘I know there has been contact but I’m 100 per cent focused on France and the Euros.’
The Metro claim that Martin has attracted interest from Lille but the exciting midfielder has also drawn admirers from the Premier League, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham all said to have scouted the former French Young Player of the Year on several occasions during the last couple of season.
But the Premier League trio are ready to make that interest official by moving for the diminutive forward this summer. It’s believed Sochaux may be willing to sell for around £8m, despite the player signing a new £45,000-a-week contract last year, that runs until 2015.
Would you like to see Martin at your club? Get involved in the comments section.