- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Transfer News: Race Hots Up For £10m Striker
The report claims that the Gunners have been scouting the exciting Crewe youngster and Wenger has earmarked the 18-year-old striker as a summer transfer target after receiving rave reports from his team.
However, the French boss will face stiff competition from Manchester United and Chelsea for the £10m-rated hitman, with the Mirror suggesting United are still considered as favourites to land the starlet.
Powell has become one of the most exciting young strikers outside the Premier League after hitting 16 goals for Crewe last season. His most memorable strike came at Wembley as his stunning strike helped Crewe on their way to a 2-0 win over Cheltenham in the League 2 play-off final.
It looks like that was a farewell present from Powell, as it’s almost certain he will now leave the League 1 outfit for the Premier League this summer. Although he could return to Crewe on loan for another season as part of any transfer.
Would you like to see Powell at your club? Or would you prefer to see a more established name? Get involved in the comments section.