- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Man Utd Open Bidding With £22m Modric Offer
The report claims that Sir Alex Ferguson is determined to land Modric this summer after tracking the Croatian midfielder for some time, and will test Tottenham’s resolve with an opening bid of £22m.
However, the Mirror believe Tottenham’s failure to secure champions league football next season will result in the midfielder once again looking for a move and expect him to submit a transfer request at some point this summer, with Spurs unlikely to stand in his way for a second time.
United are ready to take advantage of the situation and understand they will have to pay more than their opening £22m bid, with Tottenham thought to want at least £30m for the midfielder.
No doubt United want Modric and it’s plausible they would open the bidding low at £22m, but Spurs only wanting £30m!? The rumours were that Levy turned down £40m from Chelsea last summer, so there is no way they will accept £30m a year later.
Unfortunately for Tottenham fans, this could be a long summer as another Modric transfer saga seems a certainty. However, they can be safe in the knowledge they will get more than £30m if the player does leave.
Where do you think Modric will be playing next season? Get involved in the comments section.