- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Arsenal Transfer News: Wenger Targets £13m Dzagoev
Arsenal want to replace Andrey Arshavin with Russian team mate Alan Dzagoev, according to the Daily Mail.
Arshavin spent the second half of last season on loan at former club Zenit St Petersburg and is expected to make that move permanent this summer.
The Mail claim that boss Arsene Wenger will continue to strengthen his attacking options and is keen to add Alan Dzagoev and Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud to Lukas Podolski, who has already made the move to North London.
Dzagoev has made a blistering start to Euro 2012 after netting three goals in the opening two games to help Russia move within touching distance of the quarter-finals.
CSKA Moscow value the winger at around £13m, but with only 6 months left on his current contract, the Russians may be forced to accept a lower fee.
The 21-year-old is an attack minded midfielder who can play across the front line behind the striker, so would fit in to Arsenal’s system well, but if he continues to perform well in Poland & Ukraine, the Gunners will no doubt face stiff competition for his signature.
Would you like to see Dzagoev at Arsenal? Get involved in the comments section.