- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Van Persie Set For Arsenal Stay As City Interest Cools
The report claims that City’s interest is waning after learning the Gunners want more than £25m for their captain. However, the Premier League champions are determined not to be held to ransom and are unwilling to pay above £15m for the Dutchman.
City officials understand it will take wages of over £200,00-a-week to land Van Persie but a ‘source’ told Goal.com that the club is not willing to pay over the odds in terms of a transfer fee:
“The numbers do not add up for City. They are not willing to pay more than £15m on top of marquee wages.”
A source told Goal.com
Roberto Mancini is thought to be ready to turn his attention to alternative targets if Arsenal refuse to lower their expectations for a player who turns 29 in August, while Juventus are also said to be looking elsewhere for a marquee signing this summer.
Arsenal have already indicated they will be willing to let Van Persie run down the final year of his contract and with City and Juve both baulking at their asking price, RVP’s options are decreasing by the day. It looks increasingly likely that the 30-goal striker will still be at the Emirates next season.
Where do you think RVP will be playing next season? Get involved in the comments section.