- Man City vs Arsenal: Statistical Preview, Form Guide, Injury News & Head-To-Head
- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
Giroud – I Haven’t Signed For Arsenal
Arsenal target Olivier Giroud has denied reports claiming he has already agreed to join the Gunners, according to Goal.com.
Giroud fired Montpellier to their first ever Ligue 1 title after scoring 21 goals in 36 games last season, resulting in interest coming in from several clubs throughout Europe.
The French striker has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks, with Sky Sports News just one of several news outlets claiming Arsenal had struck a deal to take him to north London this summer.
However, quoted by Goal.com, when asked about rumours suggesting he’d already signed for the Gunners, Giroud gave French-based outlet RMC Sport a blunt reply:
“I have not signed for Arsenal.”
So it appears reports of this being a ‘done-deal’ are a little premature and Arsene Wenger still has some more work to do before he lands the 25-year-old.
Read more Arsenal transfer rumours
Of course, Giroud could have been sworn to secrecy and is just following orders in not revealing the deal yet. We all know Arsene likes to conduct his business in private and doesn’t announce any deal until he feels the time is right. See Lukas Podolski as an example!
No matter what’s said, i still firmly believe Giroud will be an Arsenal player next season, and he’ll prove to be an excellent addition to the squad.
Do you think Giroud will end up at Arsenal this summer? Get involved in the comments section.