- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
De Boer: Vertonghen Deal Almost Done
Ajax manager Frank de Boer insists Jan Vertonghen will still join Tottenham, despite reports suggesting the move had stalled.
The Belgian defender has been waiting patiently for Spurs and Ajax to agree a deal that would see him make the switch to North London this summer.
However, boss de Boer has been quoted in the Mirror as saying that the £10m deal is still on track and he fully expects the move to go through in the end.
“We’re very close. But if the deal isn’t done, Jan must start his training next week with us.
“I was in the same situation [when he left Ajax for Barcelona in 1999].
“But, eventually, I expect the deal will be done. I expect everything will be all right.”
Vertonghen has made it clear he want’s the move to White Hart Lane and the two clubs appear to have agreed a fee. All that remains is to sort out the issue over who pays the player his cut of the transfer fee.
Read more Tottenham transfer news
Sometimes transfers can be held up by these sort of things, so like de Boer, I’m confident the deal will get done in the end. It just might take a little longer than initially thought.