- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Chelsea Transfer News: Blues Boosted In Pursuit Of £25m Striker
Chelsea are edging closer to agreeing a deal for Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic, according to the Daily Star.
The report claims that the European champions failed with a £20m bid for the Montenegro international earlier this month, but have learned that £25m would be enough to land the attacker.
The news comes after it’s been revealed that the 22-year-old has a buy-out clause of that amount in his contract, which if true, would make signing Jovetic a far easier prospect than first thought.
The Daily Star claim that Fiorentina made it clear they didn’t want to sell the striker by issuing a ‘hands-off’ warning last week, but believe this move was only done to push Chelsea in to matching the players release clause.
The Blues could face stiff competition from Juventus and Napoli for Jovetic, but will hope that the lure of playing in the Premier League would be enough to persuade the player to quit Serie A.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
Chelsea are on the look out for a big-name striker to replace Didier Drogba, and the hugely talented Jovetic is high on Roberto Di Mateo’s priority list.
Would you like to see Jovetic at Stamford Bridge? Get involved in the comments section.