- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Carnevale: Handanovic Not Heading To North London
Handanovic has become one of the most highly-regarded goalkeepers in Europe after another excellent season for Udinese in Serie A.
talkSPORT claims that Tottenham have been been tracking the 27-year-old for some time as they look for a long-term replacement for Brad Friedel, while Arsenal are on the look-out for a reliable keeper to push Wojciech Szczesny for the number one spot at the Emirates.
However, Udinese technical manager Andrea Carnevale has insisted Handanovic is going nowhere this summer, despite speculation linking him with a move to North London. When quizzed on the futures of Handanovic and his team-mate Luis Muriel, Carnevale said:
“Neither of them will leave – the goalkeeper is still with us.”
He’s quoted as saying by talkSPORT
The Slovenian international has become renowned for his penalty-saving abilities after saving an incredible 6 spot-kicks in the 2010/11 season, but it seems we won’t be seeing him saving any penalties in the Premier League next season, unfortunately.
Would you like to see Handanovic at your club? Get involved in the comments section.