- Man City vs Arsenal: Statistical Preview, Form Guide, Injury News & Head-To-Head
- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
Arsenal Transfer News: Gunners Linked With Two Strikers
Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic and Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski are both on Arsenal’s short list to replace want-away captain Robin van Persie, according to the Daily Mail.
The report claims that the Gunners scouting team are set to meet next week at the club’s London Colney training ground where discussing possible replacements for van Persie will be top of their agenda.
The Mail believe that Jovetic and Lewandowski are both rated highly in north London having been watched by Arsenal scouts on several occasions last season, and both players will be discussed at the meeting.
Jovetic is a Montenegro international and has enjoyed two excellent seasons in Serie A with Fiorentina. However, Arsene Wenger may face stiff competition for the 22-year-old, who has been strongly linked with a £25m move to Chelsea this summer (source: Daily Mail).
It remains to be seen whether either player would be capable of replacing van Persie though, with the Dutchman eager to secure his exit from the club before Arsenal leave for their Asia tour on July 24th.
If Van Persie does go this summer, which is looking increasingly likely, we’re not going to be able to find a player of his quality to come straight in.
Both Jovetic or Lewandowski are fine talents and i would be happy with either of them at Arsenal. I’ll leave it in Wenger’s capable hands to find a suitable replacement for our out-going captain.
Would you like either Jovetic or Lewandowski to replace RVP? Get involved in the comments section.