- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
£20m Tiote On The Move?
The report claims that the Gunners are looking to sign a combative midfielder this summer and want to move quickly to try and fend off interest from United and Chelsea for the Ivory Coast international.
Tiote joined Newcastle from FC Twente in 2010 for just £3.5m but has gone on to become a key player for the Geordies and was rewarded for his good form with a new contract last year.
Despite being tied down to a long-term contract, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is hoping to lure the 26-year-old to the Emirates this summer as he looks to add a more defensive-minded midfielder to his ranks.
However, the Frenchman may face stiff competition from Chelsea, who are long-term admirers of Tiote, as well as Manchester United who are also said to be interested in the £20m-rated midfielder.
Tiote is a superb player and been excellent for Newcastle during the past two seasons, so it’s no wonder some of the big-boys are circling.
Will Newcastle sell though? Unless they receive a huge bid, i can’t see them selling such a key player. Alan Pardew seems to be building something special at St James’ Park and would be loath to lose Tiote. Plus, the player himself isn’t agitating for a move…..yet.
Would you like to see Tiote at your club? Get involved in the comments section.