- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
Spurs Eye Madrid Outcast Lassana Diarra
The former Chelsea man is set to continue his rebuilding project at White Hart Lane and has identified the Frenchman as a key signing this summer.
However, the 27-year-old has struggled to hold down a first team place in recent seasons after falling out-of-favour at the Bernabeu and has been told he is free to find a new club this summer.
With just one year left on his current contract, talks over a new deal collapsed last week after Diarra demanded a large wage increase and the Mail claim he could be available this summer for as little as £4m.
Villas-Boas has around £50m to spend on rebuilding his squad and could use his connections with Jose Mourinho to strike a deal for Diarra, but he will face competition from the likes of Everton, QPR, Spartak Moscow and Fenerbache for his signature, with the player expected to make a decision on his future next week.
Would you like to see Diarra at White Hart Lane? Get involved in the comments section.