- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Arsenal Set To Miss Out As Rivals Move For £6m Starlet
The report claims that City’s Brian Marwood has made a personal approach to Niang’s club Caen requesting that the 17-year-old goes to the Etihad for talks this week.
The teenager spent time on trial with Arsenal last week while north London rivals Tottenham have also invited him to visit White Hart Lane, but City’s aggressive approach has moved them to the head of the queue.
Niang is one of the most highly-rated youngsters in french football and has already made 30 appearances for the Caen first team and been called up to the French under-21 side, despite his tender age.
The forward is expected to take his time in making a decision over his next move, but the Mirror claim City are now considered as clear favourites to land the £6m-rated starlet.
The Premier League champions are looking to improve their youth team set up with manager Roberto Mancini believed to be unhappy with the lack of players coming through the system, and 17-year-old Niang is seen as a player with huge potential.
Fancy a flutter? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.