Chelsea Transfer News: Bid Rejected For Nigerian Attacker

By on July 18, 2012

With the summer transfer window in full swing, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, Chelsea have a third bid for Victor Moses rejected.

victor moses

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan claims to have rejected a third offer from Chelsea for attacker Victor Moses, according to Sky Sports News.

Moses has just 12 months to run on his current Wigan contract and has so far resisted attempts to make him sign an extension, with several Premier League clubs said to be monitoring the 21-year-old’s situation.

Chelsea are said to be leading the race for the talented Nigerian attacker and had an opening £3.5m offer rejected by Wigan last month.

Sky Sports report that the latest bid was £5m, but again Whelan has rejected the offer out of hand and insists his star man wont be leaving the DW Stadium on the cheap.

While the Latics are willing to listen to further offers for Moses, they have not given up hope of him extending his contract and insist the likes of Chelsea must meet their valuation of the player.

Whelan has also told the former Crystal Palace winger that he should shun the advances of Chelsea and remain under the guidance of manager Roberto Martinez for at least another season. Quoted by Sky Sports News, Whelan said:

“They’ve made three bids and we’ve not accepted any, we’re still hoping that he signs an extended deal.

“They’ve all come in the last three weeks, but they’ve not offered enough.

“I don’t know if they’ll bid again, but if they do we always listen. And if it is what Roberto believes he is worth then we will take it from there.

“If the lad had any brains he’d stay under Roberto for another year or so.”

Despite already signing Marko Marin, Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard this summer, owner Roman Abramovich doesn’t look like he’s ready to end the spending just yet. If Sky Sports are accurate, they are still in for Moses and are also on the verge of splashing £25m on Brazilian midfielder Oscar.

Read more Chelsea transfer news

Do you think Chelsea should push the boat out to land Moses? Get involved in the comments section.

Best of the web

14 Comments

  1. Monica M

    July 18, 2012 at 2:15 pm

    Why can’t Wigan search for a player to replace Moses like other clubs do?

  2. Ben

    July 18, 2012 at 3:11 pm

    Why even bother with victor moses? hes not good enough for a starting place at Chelsea, plus we still have De Bruyne, Marin, Piazon and Mceachran Who can all change games and are, in my opinion, better options than moses.

  3. Marcus, okechukwu

    July 18, 2012 at 3:57 pm

    I think chelsea can see what i see in moses.he worths even breaking the bank for.the footbal tarven has little talent like him. He wil be one of chelsea’s best signing this season.

  4. Marcus, okechukwu

    July 18, 2012 at 3:59 pm

    I think chelsea can see what i see in moses.he worths even breaking the bank .the footbal tarven has little talent like him. He wil be one of chelsea’s best signing this season.

  5. Frank beco

    July 18, 2012 at 4:12 pm

    Chelsea should go ahead and buy victor moses,he is a good star

  6. vinito

    July 18, 2012 at 4:43 pm

    sign hulk 2 creat competition 4 torres.

  7. young victor

    July 18, 2012 at 4:59 pm

    y should moses go 4 such a club lyk chelsea.he is young n should go 4 a club dat wld grow his talent lyk arsenal nt chelsea.he should luk at wat hapend som young talented players dat went dere.were r dey now.example lukaku.romeu n odas.so i dnt tink chelsea is d ryt place 4 him

  8. Arowojobe

    July 18, 2012 at 5:29 pm

    Wat a nonsence u’re saying nw dat,d rite place 4 Moses is Arsenal, wat a rubbish. 4 d rest of his careare it would lift any Cup at all, He want 2 b like Mikel. Go 4 him. Up blues

  9. Alekii

    July 18, 2012 at 6:04 pm

    I thing that chelsea should look the repleciment of bosingwa and go for cavani.

  10. Ahmad

    July 18, 2012 at 6:05 pm

    It will b beta if chelsea can sign hulk&moses bt £40m is 2 much 4 hulk!

  11. Dragon of faith

    July 18, 2012 at 8:59 pm

    Chelsea needs real players 2 replace Bosingwa

  12. Osamudiamen omoregbee

    July 18, 2012 at 11:03 pm

    Pls chelsea need ,hulk and victor moses.before start of season

  13. Lawal

    July 19, 2012 at 7:43 am

    It is beta 4 chelsea 2 go for victor moses bcoz we need winger dat can penetrate d defence of d oponet.

  14. young victor

    July 19, 2012 at 2:17 pm

    i stil retain dat moses shld 4get abt chelsea.if u tak a luk at statistic chelsea has d highest rate of wasted players.lets tak a luk at star players lyk shevchenko wat abt Deco.luk at yossi benayoun.gael kakuta.yuri zhirkov.torres and even mikel a player who use to b compered wit messi an attacking midfielder now a defensive midfielder.moses should luk forward 2 replace walcot at arsena n dats it!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *