- Man City vs Arsenal: Statistical Preview, Form Guide, Injury News & Head-To-Head
- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
Fergie Confirms Robin Van Persie Offer
With the summer transfer window in full swing, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, Fegie has confirmed bidding for Robin Van Persie.
The Scot told the clubs official website ManUtd.com that he has made a move for the 28-year-old Dutchman, who has been subject to intense speculation over his future in recent weeks.
Van Persie threw his Emirates future in to doubt after declaring his intention not to sign a new contract with Arsenal due to concerns over the clubs ambitions.
Fergie claims that Arsenal are the ones who have leaked the news of United’s bid, and also confirms he faces competition to land the Holland striker, with rivals Manchester City and Italians champions Juventus the other clubs believed to be interested.
Ferguson told ManUtd.com:
“Obviously Arsenal have given out the fact that we’ve made a bid for him,”
“We try to keep business as close as possible to us until the moment we conclude a deal. There’s no point talking about something that might not happen.
“There are other clubs interested in the player. We’ve shown an interest and that’s where we’re at at the moment.”
Van Persie is expected to be left behind to resolve his future as the Gunners squad head off to Asia on Saturday to continue their pre-season preparations.
Where do you think Van Persie will be playing his football next season? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.