- Man City vs Arsenal: Statistical Preview, Form Guide, Injury News & Head-To-Head
- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
Liverpool Confirm Midfielder Deal
Liverpool have confirmed on their official website that midfielder Alberto Aquilani has completed a permanent move back to Italy with Fiorentina.
Having moved to Anfield in 2009 in a £20m deal from Roma, Aquilani has endured a difficult time in England and has struggled to adapt to life in the Premier League.
A succession of injuries meant he made just 28 first-team appearances with the club before being sent out on loan for the last two season with AC Milan and Juventus.
New Reds boss Brendan Rodgers had hinted that Aquilani would be given a chance to resurrect his Anfield career and he has taken part in some of Liverpool’s pre-season games.
However, speculation mounted earlier in the week that Fiorentina were in advanced talks to take the midfielder back to Italy and the Merseysiders has now confirmed the 28-year-old has completed the move on a reported 3-year contract. No fee has been released by either club.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Are you sad to see Aquilani leave? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.