- Arsenal Suffer Major Fresh Injury Blow Ahead Of Tottenham Trip
- Man Utd To Table £35m Bid For Chelsea Star & Lure Him With £200k-A-Week Contract
- Man Utd Boss Confirms Triple Injury Blow Ahead Of Man City But Duo Passed Fit
- Tottenham Team News: Poch Confirms Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Palace Clash
- Arsenal Team News: Wenger Confirms Injury Boost But Trio To Miss Leicester Clash
- Liverpool Suffer Fresh Injury Blow – Attacker’s Season Could Be Over
£7m Van der Wiel Heading To Arsenal?
With the summer transfer window in full swing, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, Arsenal have been linked with a move for Gregory van der Wiel.
Arsenal are lining up a £7m move for Ajax defender Gregory van der Wiel, according to a report by the Mirror.
The full-back has just entered the final year of his contract with the Dutch giants and has so far been unable to agree terms on a fresh deal.
This has lead to speculation over his future with several clubs throughout Europe credited with an interest in the Holland ace.
The Mirror claim Ajax would prefer to sell now rather than risk losing him for free next summer and suggest that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is considering a £7m move as he continues to re-shape his squad ahead of next season.
The 24-year-old would be keen on a move to the Emirates but the Gunners face stiff competition from Newcastle, who have tabled a £10m double bid for van der Wiel and team-mate Vernun Anita.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
This would be an excellent signing if the Mirror report is accurate. While Carl Jenkinson is a talent, he isn’t ready to be playing week-in week-out at the very top level yet.
There aren’t many better right back’s in Europe than Bacary Sagna, but at 29-years-old and with his fair share of injury problems in recent seasons, Arsenal could really do with having someone to push the Frenchman for a first team place and van der Wiel would be a steal at £7m.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.