- Man City vs Arsenal: Statistical Preview, Form Guide, Injury News & Head-To-Head
- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
Liverpool Transfer News: Rodgers Lines-Up Agger Replacement
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will move for Swansea defender Ashley Williams if Daniel Agger leaves the club this summer, according to the Daily Mail.
Rodgers is fearing that Danish defender Agger could leave Anfield in the coming weeks and is drawing up a list of potential replacements, with Williams believed to be under serious consideration.
Agger has two years to run on his current contract but is showing no signs of extending that deal. He didn’t take part in Liverpool’s Europa League tie against Gomel in Belarus on Thursday night and the Mail claim Manchester City have had two bids for the player rejected already this summer, while Spanish giants Barcelona also monitoring his situation.
Although Rodgers is under no pressure to sell, it’s believed that the Reds would accept a third bid from City of £20m for Agger and would then turn their attention to Williams.
Rodgers is a huge fan of the 28-year-old’s, who was a stand-out performer for the Northern Irishman while he was in the Swansea hot-seat last season, and if the Mail are to be believed the new Liverpool boss is keen to link up with him again should Agger move to City.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.