- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Chelsea Back In For Modric
With the summer transfer window in full swing, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, Chelsea are once again linked with Luka Modric.
Chelsea are back in for Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric and are trying to hijack Real Madrid’s move for the Croatian, according to the Mirror.
The report claims that the European champions have made a recent enquiry for the playmaker, and are hoping to use Tottenham’s interest in two of their players as leverage in a potential deal.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is understood to be interested in signing Chelsea duo Daniel Sturridge and Raul Meireles so the Blues were hoping to include the pair, plus a sizeable amount of cash, in their move for long-term target Modric.
However, it seems that even if Chelsea could strike a favorable deal with Tottenham the player has his heart set on a move to Madrid.
Real have been locked in negotiations with Spurs supremo Daniel Levy for weeks but have so far been unable to trash out a deal.
The Mirror claim fresh interest from Chelsea is unlikely to turn the Croatians head and Madrid will attempt to hold further talks with Levy and the 26-year-old to finally try and settle on a deal, with a view to flying the player out for a medical in Spain this week.
Spurs boss AVB is eager for the Modric-saga to be resolved soon so he can finally get his hands on funds to strengthen his squad with, and he will look to complete deals for Emmanuel Adebayor and Leandro Damiao, as well as move for Fulhams Moussa Dembele.
Do Chelsea even need Modric anymore after buying Oscar, Hazard and Marin? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.