- Man City vs Arsenal: Statistical Preview, Form Guide, Injury News & Head-To-Head
- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
Arsenal Handed Wilshere Fitness Boost
There were fears Wilshere may not be back until November at the earliest following his year-long lay-off, and reports last week suggested Arsene Wenger had claimed he would be happy if the 20-year-old was back before Christmas!
However, it appears those comments were made just to ease the pressure on Wilshere and Arsene didn’t want to publicly set any unrealistic comeback dates. John Cross at the Mirror now claims Jack is making good progress recently, he’s back running normally and got through a rigorous training regime of fitness work last week.
If all goes well, the midfielder will be back in full training in four weeks time and should resume first team duties in early October.
Wenger showed the amount of faith he has in the youngster by handing him the famous No.10 shirt last week following the sale of Robin van Persie, and I certainly can not wait for him to be back playing for The Arsenal.
If the Mirror are accurate and Wilshere could be back in action within weeks, that’s great, but let’s be overly cautious with him. The last thing we need is another set back.
Are you excited by the return of Wilshere? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.