- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Chelsea Reject City’s £30m Bid For David Luiz
Roberto Mancini is desperately trying to add a defender to his ranks before the transfer window closes at the end of the month and it seems he’s turned his attention to Luiz after being frustrated in his attempts to sign Daniel Agger from Liverpool.
The Sun claim the Brazilian was axed from last night’s 4-2 win over Reading because Chelsea and City were in negotiations over a potential deal, which resulted in the Blues rejecting the Premier League champions £30m offer.
The 25-year-old claimed on Twitter that he missed the game due to a knee injury – an action that has angered boss Roberto di Matteo and it’s understood Luiz has now been fined.
“This social media thing is all around us now. We’ll deal with it internally.”
Di Matteo is quoted as saying by the Sun
Brazilian centre back Luiz moved to West London in January 2011 from Benfica in a £21m deal and has become something of a fan favourite at Stamford Bridge, and according to the Sun if City are to prize him away they will need to up their £30m offer.
Would you sell Luiz for £30m? Get involved in the comments section
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.