- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
United Injury Blow As Phil Jones Undergoes Surgery
Manchester United have suffered an early season injury blow after Phil Jones has been ruled out for up to two months with a knee injury.
The 20-year-old defender picked up the knock in training and United confirmed on their official website that he has now had surgery on the injury and will be on the sidelines for six to eight weeks.
“Phil Jones has had surgery on a knee meniscus tear sustained in training that will require six to eight weeks of rehabilitation.”
Jones is yet to make an appearance for the club this season after suffering a back injury while on the club’s pre-season tour, and the latest setback means he’s going to have to wait a little longer before getting his season underway.
The news will come as a blow to boss Sir Alex Ferguson who’s already had to deal with a defensive crisis during the early stages of the season, with the Scot forced to play midfielders Antonia Valencia and Michael Carrick in defence during their first three games due to several absentees.
While Chris Smalling remains out with a foot injury, Fergie’s was able to recall Rio Ferdinand and Jonny Evans for last weeks victory over Southampton.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.