- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
United Injury Blow As Phil Jones Undergoes Surgery
Manchester United have suffered an early season injury blow after Phil Jones has been ruled out for up to two months with a knee injury.
The 20-year-old defender picked up the knock in training and United confirmed on their official website that he has now had surgery on the injury and will be on the sidelines for six to eight weeks.
“Phil Jones has had surgery on a knee meniscus tear sustained in training that will require six to eight weeks of rehabilitation.”
Jones is yet to make an appearance for the club this season after suffering a back injury while on the club’s pre-season tour, and the latest setback means he’s going to have to wait a little longer before getting his season underway.
The news will come as a blow to boss Sir Alex Ferguson who’s already had to deal with a defensive crisis during the early stages of the season, with the Scot forced to play midfielders Antonia Valencia and Michael Carrick in defence during their first three games due to several absentees.
While Chris Smalling remains out with a foot injury, Fergie’s was able to recall Rio Ferdinand and Jonny Evans for last weeks victory over Southampton.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.