- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
United Injury Blow As Phil Jones Undergoes Surgery
Manchester United have suffered an early season injury blow after Phil Jones has been ruled out for up to two months with a knee injury.
The 20-year-old defender picked up the knock in training and United confirmed on their official website that he has now had surgery on the injury and will be on the sidelines for six to eight weeks.
“Phil Jones has had surgery on a knee meniscus tear sustained in training that will require six to eight weeks of rehabilitation.”
Jones is yet to make an appearance for the club this season after suffering a back injury while on the club’s pre-season tour, and the latest setback means he’s going to have to wait a little longer before getting his season underway.
The news will come as a blow to boss Sir Alex Ferguson who’s already had to deal with a defensive crisis during the early stages of the season, with the Scot forced to play midfielders Antonia Valencia and Michael Carrick in defence during their first three games due to several absentees.
While Chris Smalling remains out with a foot injury, Fergie’s was able to recall Rio Ferdinand and Jonny Evans for last weeks victory over Southampton.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.