- Liverpool Dealt Injury Blow As Star Taken To Hospital Following Training Incident
- Mahrez To Join Arsenal In £37m Deal After Agreeing Personal Terms
- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
Chelsea Prepare £24m Move For Barcelona Ace But Man City Also Keen
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea are linked with a Barcelona midfielder.
Chelsea will make a £24m move for Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets next summer but will face competition from Manchester City, according to the Daily Mail.
Blues owner Roman Abramovich is thought to want to add more ‘bite’ to his Chelsea midfield and has identified Busquets as the ideal candidate.
The Russian is prepared to sanction a £24m move for the Spanish international and is confident that will be enough to persuade the Catalans to sell, with manager Tito Vilanova able to call upon the services of Cesc Fabregas, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Javier Mascherano and Thiago Alcantara should Busquets be allowed to leave.
The Mail claim the 24-year-old defensive midfielder will not consider a January move as he wants to complete the current campaign before contemplating his future, but he may be open to a move away from Barca next summer.
Chelsea want more competition for John Obi Mikel in the centre of the park and the World and European champion is seen as the man for the job.
However, Chelsea will face stiff competition from Manchester City for his signature with the Premier League champions also keen to lure Busquets to England.
Would you like to see Busquets at your club? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.