- Liverpool Dealt Injury Blow As Star Taken To Hospital Following Training Incident
- Mahrez To Join Arsenal In £37m Deal After Agreeing Personal Terms
- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
Thierry Henry Best Man As Former Team Mate Fabrice Muamba Gets Married
Arsenal legend Thierry Henry was back in England this weekend to be best man to former team-mate Fabrice Muamba – who wed long-term partner Shauna Magunda on Saturday to end a difficult year on a positive note.
The former Arsenal midfielder was forced to quit football aged just 24 after he was declared dead for 78 minutes after suffering a cardiac arrest on the pitch during Bolton’s fixture with Tottenham at White Hart Lane back in March.
While the ex-Bolton man made a miraculous recovery, he is unable to play football again after being fitted with a defibrillator pacemaker recently to regulate his heartbeat.
However, his year ended on a high after marrying his girlfriend Shauna Magunda in the great hall of Peckforton Castle, Cheshire, according to the Mirror, and Henry was given the honour of being Muamba’s best man.
The two men were both at Arsenal during the mid-2000′s and Muamba even cleaned the Frenchman’s boots during his time in North London. But the pair grew close, with Henry becaming a mentor to the young midfielder, and the striker flew in from the US to take his part in Muamba’s big day.
Several names from the football community were in attendance, including many other former Arsenal team-mate’s including Robin van Persie, who joined Manchester United in the summer.
We wish Fabrice all the best and a happy life together with his new bride. I’d love to hear the best man’s speech!
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.