- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Pepe Reina Injury Update
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina is definitely out of Thursday’s Europa League tie with Anzhi Makhachkala and is still a major doubt for this weekend’s Merseyside derby with Everton.
The Spaniard was forced to miss last weekend’s 1-0 win over Reading at Anfield after picking up a hamstring strain while on international duty.
The 30-year-old was expected to return in time to face the Toffees at Goodison Park on Sunday but assistant manager Colin Pascoe has confirmed there is still a question mark over whether the Reds No.1 will be fit.
Liverpool are continuing to monitor Reina’s progress and will make a late decision on whether he takes part this weekend.
When asked about Reina’s fitness, Pascoe told Liverpoolfc.com:
”We’re not quite sure [how long he'll be out for] at the moment.
“Hopefully, it won’t be too long.
“He’s doing his rehab at the moment and he’s working hard in training. We’ve just got to assess him over the weekend and we’ll see then.”
Should Reina be forced to miss the Everton clash, Brad Jones is expected to once again deputise after keeping a clean sheet against Reading last Saturday.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.