- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
[Video] Suarez Disallowed Goal vs Everton – Reds Denied As Linesman ‘Bottled It’
Liverpool threw away a 2-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Merseyside rivals Everton in a thrilling derby at Goodison Park on Sunday afternoon but the big post-match talking point was Luis Suarez being denied an injury-time winner.
The Uruguayan had already seen his shot deflect off Leighton Baines for 1-0 before he headed home a second to put the visitors in control. Everton hit back with goals from Osman and Naismith but Suarez thought he had won it deep into stoppage time when he poked home a Coates knockdown only for the linesman to rule the goal out for offside.
However, replays show the striker was onside and the goal should have stood. Gary Neville said after the game that he thought the linesman had ‘bottled it’ and it’s hard to disagree with the former United captain as the flag was extremely late in coming and only raised when the Everton defenders began to claim the offside.
Take a look at the incident for yourself.